CAD Design & Custom Carpentry
on photos to enlarge
years Tiffany Yachts has update its construction
methods to stay competitive within the market. Recent
updates include the addition of all new Powermatic Woodworking Equipment. A Quintax
5-axis high speed router with Surf-Cam Software is used to make precision one-off
molds for hulls and all types of inserts. With an
accuracy of + .002”, the router greatly expands
and increases woodworking capabilities to produce
the most demanding complex shapes and intricate
designs. The result is a substantial savings in
cost and time, while quality is enhanced. A Faro
Arm digitizer and be used in conjunction with the
router technology for reverse engineering.
The router assists in the production in the following
• Cuts jigs for hull and superstructure in
a fraction of the time for Tiffany Yachts and other
• Fiberglass parts, such as fish boxes, consoles,
and decks can be built off the boat and later installed.
• Using 3-d drawing and the router, each section
of a boat can be constructed in different areas
of the shop and later connected. This increases
• Creates a more precise avenue for building
handrails, interior trim, helm pods.
• Easily engraves custom breaker and switch
of any Tiffany Yacht is beautiful woodwork throughout.
This is made possible by the accumulated skill of
each carpenter employed. This signature is applied
to each new boat built, but can also be applied
to refurbishment of older vessels. A sampling of
exquisite woodwork and joinery that could be applied
to your project include:
• Toe Rail Scarfs
• Teak Cockpits
• Custom Cabinetry in a variety of woods
• Counter tops in wood, solid surfacing, or
• Tables, Pedestals, Entry Doors made with
solid wood and veneer.